Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Steven's letter Aug 10

Dear family
The reunion sounded like it was a lot of fun. Its been a really good week here. We have had to drive out to ash flat twice a week for a while now. There is a baptism there this Saturday and two next Saturday. Elder Hansen and I are really excited for all three of them. We have been staying really busy. Transfers are a week from Sunday. I was in Blytheville most of this week on splits with the missionaries there. It was fun to see another part of Arkansas. I like Pocahontas a lot better, but it was fun to go somewhere else. I was supposed to be going to Memphis this week with the zone leaders, but they have to go to Blytheville instead. Elder Hansen and I still have to go on Tuesday to Memphis for zone meeting though. This week I learned all about how to go catfish hoggin’ . They do it a lot here. It sounds like a lot of fun, but I don’t think we can do it as missionaries. You find a whole where the catfish sleep. Then you just stick your hand down into it real slow until they bite onto you hand, then you pull it out of the water. I guess they have a big competition here. lol I learned the best way to skin a squirrel this week too. And I got told all about bow fishing. We spent a lot of time this week with one of the families that lives out away from town this weekend. It was a lot of fun. They live out on a farm out in the hills. I’m glad I’ve been writing stuff in a journal because there has been a lot of funny stuff that has happened out away from Pocahontas. On Friday night Elder Hansen and I went out to see the family that has all the dogs. I think they have about 30 now. They needed help herding their pigs from one pen to another. That was a lot of fun. The pigs didn’t want to get moved. Elder Hansen has chiggers all over now. Its been a fun week. well thats about it from here. I hope everything is going good there. Have a good week. Let me know how grandpa is doing
Love Elder Marshall

No comments:

Post a Comment