Monday, October 12, 2009

Steven's letter Oct 12

Dear Family
How is everyone doing there? Everything has gone pretty good this week. Elder Hansen and I just went around so he could say goodbye to members of the branch here in Pocahontas on Monday and Tuesday. Then Wednesday we drove to Memphis to the big transfer meeting. 41 of the 51 companionships got split up so it was a pretty big meeting. I haven’t seen so many missionaries since I was at the MTC. Elder Hansen is in Conway now. My new companion is Elder Perza. He’s from Idaho too. He is a pretty cool guy. There is a whole lot I can learn from him. He said he was Weiser Idaho. I think its west of Boise. He is a good missionary. Hopefully Ill get to stay with him for a while. We have been working pretty well together. Jacky has a baptism date for the 24th. She is the one that came and asked us if she could be a Mormon after the first session of General conference. We have been seeing a lady up in Cherokee Village. We helped her move a couple Saturdays ago. She has been trying to quit smoking. She even told us she knows that God doesn’t want her smoking. She has gone from smoking 2 packs down to only a few every day. She says she really wants to quit. We are hoping to set a baptism date with her and that maybe that will help her want to quit even more. We only get to see her once a week though because she lives so far away. So that makes it hard. We have been able to see quite a few people. It has been raining a lot. I think it’s supposed to be raining all this week to. Well I hope everyone is doing good. Are a lot of sick people from school sick? I love you all and miss you. Have a good week.
Love Elder Marshall

No comments:

Post a Comment