Monday, June 7, 2010

Dear Family,
>> Hey how is everyone doing this week? Is everyone liking being out of
>> school? It sounds like it is good and hot there. It isn’t getting
>> that hot here yet. It hasn’t been over 95 or 96 yet. It feels pretty
>> hot though. A lot of the houses and apartments we go into are old and
>> run down and don’t have air conditioning. My companion is having a
>> pretty hard time of it. Lol He is always sweating. Our air
>> conditioning went out a couple weeks ago. I didn’t think it was too
>> bad. It was only out one night. I slept fine, but I guess he didn’t.
>> He said he was up most of the night. There was a sweat outline of a
>> body on his sheets when he got out of the bed. He keeps telling
>> everyone that it was -15 when he left Washington and it was perfect
>> there. It not real hot, its just real humid. Even when I’m not hot
>> I’m still sweating. We are having a great time serving together.
>> Transfers are coming up next week. We should be getting a call next
>> Sunday night. I’m kindof hoping I get moved this one. I’m ready to
>> get moved back out of the city. I miss being out in the country.
>> What ever happens will be good though. I’m hoping I get switched back
>> to Spanish this transfer. There are two Spanish elders going home
>> this week and none coming back out. I guess we’ll see what happens.
>> Its been a good week here this week. Elder Arnold and I have been
>> staying busy. We are having trouble getting the people we set baptism
>> dates with, keep their dates and get baptized on that day. Right now
>> we are trying to figure out how we can help them keep their
>> commitments better, or what we can do better to help them. We have
>> been working a lot with Tina and Jerry. We found Jerry while he was
>> watching a guy get arrested. They have a great family. They have
>> been coming to church for the last couple weeks in a row now. We have
>> been trying to get them married for a while now. Well on Sunday we
>> finally got them to go set up an appointment with the bishop. They
>> are going to meet with him on Tuesday to talk about when they can get
>> married. I really hope the get married and baptized pretty soon.
>> They are my favorite family that we have been working with. They come
>> play basket ball with us every Wednesday night. They bring their 4
>> kids too. O so Elder Yoshihiko Kikuchi showed up at sacrament meeting
>> yesterday. That was pretty neat. He spoke for about 10 minutes. It
>> was really great to hear from him. We came and shook all the
>> missionaries hands. Our investigators that were there really felt the
>> spirit while he was talking. Even the ones that hadn’t been to church
>> before were really impressed by him and the things he talked about.
>> It was awesome. Well I hope everything is going great there this
>> week. Have a great time out of school. I love you
>> Love Elder Marshall
>>
>> Quote of the week: “Elders, keep working hard.”
>> - Elder Kikuchi to Elder
>> Arnold and I. it was pretty cool meeting him.
>>
>>

No comments:

Post a Comment