Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dear Family

Hey how is everything going? How has everyones week been going? We are getting transferred tomorrow. Elder Peinamalie and I both. We got the call yesterday morning. I was kindof surprised that both of us were getting transferred. We call it getting white washed. It doesn’t happen very much. I think I know where I am going though, and who my new companion will be. President Drewes told me that I wouldn’t be getting moved to far, and that I would be getting put into an area with another zone leader. Well Elder Steed used to the other zone leader in the zone, but he is the new AP and his area got white washed too. So I’m pretty sure I’m getting moved to Benton Arkansas, and I think my new companion is going to be Elder Kelly. I trained him when we were in Collierville. I hope I’m right. I guess I’ll find out tomorrow afternoon. Everything has been going good here. We have a baptism on Thursday. I am hoping I will be able to come up for it. Its for Marquise Philips. He is Brother Philips’ Grandson. Brother Philips is one of the active members in the Unit. We had a really small church service this last week. When sacrament meeting started, there were only 15 people there. Including 6 missionaries. It was kindof sad. Usually there is more like 30 people there. We had three investigators there though. And a new member that we found. I don’t think I’ve told you about her yet. We found her a couple weeks ago. She is going to school up at the Baptist collage right now. She says she is the only white girl that goes there. She is pretty funny and we have really enjoyed getting to know her. She was very excited to be able to start coming to church again. She got baptized a few years ago up in morelton. We went to go see her last Tuesday I think, She told us she had cancer. She had gotten a call from her doctor earlier that day and had been told that her 40% chance of survival had just been changed to a 25% chance of survival and that her cancer was now Terminal. We were the first people she talked to about it. She doesn’t have any family here in little Rock. The little unit has become her family. She was immediately accepted and loved by the little unit. She has only been to church once so far since we met her, and we have met with her a couple times with members besides that, but she is already a part of the family here on Maple street. I don’t think I have ever been in a place where the ward or branch is such a close group as it is here. You can feel the love they have for each other. I am going to miss it a lot. I wish I could stay here longer. O well the next place will be great too. Well I hope you are having a great day. Thanks for everything you do for me.

Love Elder Marshall

No comments:

Post a Comment