Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Steven's letter Jan 19

Dear Family
How has the week been? Its been a great week here. What did everyone do on the day off yesterday? Sorry I couldn’t email yesterday. All the libraries were closed. Its been a pretty good week. Its warmed up a lot since last week. Its been pretty nice all week. I think its supposed to be raining this next week. Elder Kelly and I are doing great together. I am loving being his companion. He is a great missionary. . I got a call from one of the AP’s yesterday morning. He gave me kindof a Spanish test over the phone. This is the second one I’ve had since I’ve been out. He told me President Drewes is looking for a couple new Spanish elders. I guess I’ll find out in a couple weeks whether I’m getting moved to Spanish speaking. I hope I am. Then last night Elder Kelly and I were walking home, and we stopped and talked to a guy on the sidewalk. He wouldn’t really say much when we introduced our selves, then he told us he didn’t speak English. So I tried to give him a pass along card and explain what it was in Spanish. I didn’t do so great. So my question is: is it like an omen? Like you better get ready cause here it comes? I duno
We went back and saw Mikey on Tuesday. It was great. He knows so much about the bible. We were talking to him about Faith Vs. Works. Because Baptists believe that its by faith that we are saved. There is nothing we of ourselves can do to be saved. He was quoting all kinds of scriptures and different things to us. Almost like he was trying to convert us to his way of thinking. It was really amazing what happened. After he was done talking, Elder Kelly and I and a former stake president that went with us started talking about how works are very important. It was really neat. The spirit was so strong as we were talking with him. At the end of the lesson, we could tell that he was really thinking about the things that had been said. It was amazing. Elder Kelly said it really helped his testimony to grow. We are hoping to go and see him again this week.
So I tried some new southern food this week. Neck bone from a pig. It looked grose, but it was pretty good with a little hot sauce. Then I tried Cow maw. That’s the bottom part of a cows stomack. It wasn’t as good as the neck bone. Really rubbery. Then… Elder Townsend and I tried Pig feet. That was grose. They just threw the whole pig foot in the oven and cooked the whole thing. We ate it right off the bone. I guess its one of those things I’m glad I can say I’ve tried it, but I probably don’t want to try it again. Well I hope you have a great week.
Love Elder Marshall
Quote of the week:
"What may appear initially to be a daunting task will be much easier to manage over time as you consistently strive to recognize and follow feelings prompted by the Spirit. Your confidence in the direction you receive from the Holy Ghost will also become stronger. I witness that as you gain experience and success in being guided by the Spirit, your confidence in the impressions you feel can become more certain than your dependence on what you see or hear."
- Richard G. Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment