Monday, February 8, 2010

Dear Family

Hey how has everyone been doing there this week. Did it rain again? I forgot the farm show was coming up. I bet that is going to be a lot of fun. Everything has been going great here. Elder Kelly and I are both pretty bummed to be getting moved. I thought for sure one of us would be staying here. O well. Life goes on right. It’s still storming outside. We woke up to snow. It’s raining/hailing right now. The news says there is supposed to be another Ice storm tomorrow. I had never seen those before. I guess what happens is its to humid for snow, so when it rains, as soon as the rain hits something it freezes. So the tree branches and leaves had about an inch of ice on top of them. When the tree limbs get to heavy, they break. There are still a lot of broken branches. We got to help a few people move branches out to the road We have been asking people about it and it sounds like this almost never happens here.
I have really come to love reading the scriptures. I wish i would have taken more time to study them while I was there at home or in Rexburg. There is so much to learn. So many things that we can apply to our own lives. Morning study is one of my favorite times of day now.
Love Elder Marshall
Quote of the week: This was one of my favorite scriptures before i came out It has helped me a lot of times when i didn't think i could do something by my self

"Thou whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called thee from the chief men thereof, and said unto thee, Thou art my servant; I have chosen thee, and not cast thee away.
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

No comments:

Post a Comment