Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Dear family

Hey how is everything going there? How has your week been going? When does everyone get out of school? Is it this week or next? So you are doing a lot of work on the hall? That will be neat to see. Everything has been going good here. It’s been a good week this week. Zone meeting was really good. I was kind of glad when that was over. It went good though. The zone as a whole is kind of struggling right now. We are getting down to the last of the year, and we have a long way to go to reach our goals. So this week Elder Cowan and I are probably going to be doing a lot of exchanges. So it will be another quick week. I think I’ll be down in Benton Arkansas sometime, but I’m not sure. We haven’t really decided anything yet. We have a big Christmas zone conference on Tuesday. That is going to be great. There are two of them this week in the mission. One here in Little Rock and the other in Memphis. So half the mission will be there on Tuesday. So I’ll get to see Elder Levitt. I haven’t seen him yet. He is in North Little Rock. It isn’t in our zone, so I haven’t been able to see him yet. It should be a fun day tomorrow. There were 28 people at church yesterday. I am really loving being here in the group. I think there are two of these little groups in the US right now. What they did is they took a little chunk right in the middle of little rock, and put a set of missionaries there. It’s like we are starting completely from scratch. Everyone in the group is a convert to the church except the missionaries. There is a group leader from the Little Rock ward and his wife that come and help, but they are converts to the church too. There is a really neat feel to this area because everyone is learning together. You can tell that the new members here love each other and rely on each other. Like yesterday, two of the new converts were blessing the sacrament. Well they forgot they were supposed to wait till the sacrament song to start breaking the bread. They started right in the middle of the opening prayer. By the time the prayer was done, they were half way done. I spoke in sacrament meeting yesterday, and sometimes people will Amen or Halleluiah praise the lord. When you say good morning brothers and sisters, they say it right back. It’s a great place. We are working real hard to find new men who are potential for the melkezidec priesthood. They have a goal to become a branch sometime this next year, but to do that they need 6 to 8 Melkezidec priesthood holders. I think there are potential for three right now that come to church every Sunday. It’s a great place to be serving though. I’m really grateful I have the opportunity to serve here. At the first of this next year, we are going to be starting to have priesthood and Relief society every Sunday. So far we have been having it every 2 or 3 weeks at our house. That’s where bible study is too. It gives us a little more incentive to keep our house clean. Thanks for everything you do for me. Thanks for the package you sent and for the letters and the cd. I hope you have a great week.

Love Elder Marshall

No comments:

Post a Comment