Monday, December 6, 2010

Steven's new address is

Elder Steven Marshall
2504 Maple st.
Little Rock, AR 72204

If you are sending a package Steven has asked that it be sent to the mission home at

905 Kierre Dr.
North Little Rock, AR 72116

He does not want the packages just left on his door step in the City. He is close enough to the mission home that he will get them from the mission office.



Dear Family



Hey how is everything going there? So everyone is getting sick? That’s no fun. Everything has been going great here. I’m back in little rock again. I’m in down town little rock. It’s a pretty neat area. It’s the Maple street group. It isn’t even a branch yet. They just started it about 9 or 10 months ago. They were meeting in our house for a long time. Our house is a dedicated church building. We can have lessons there and everything. We have a bible study class there every Wednesday night for anyone to come to. Now we are renting the seventh day Adventist church just down the road from us. Its a lot smaller congregation than even Pocahontas was. Yesterday there were 26 people at church. Including 6 missionaries and 6 other members from the little rock ward. I had heard about the group when it got started, and have always thought it would be cool to go there, and now I’m here. My companion is Elder Nield. I’m pretty excited to be serving with him. He came out with Elder Arnold. I saw him his first day in the mission field and have been serving around him since. Our area is really small. It’s about 8 square miles. We can walk from one end to the other in about 45 minutes and there are 4 missionaries and the assistants that all work in this area. We had a baptism on Saturday. For a lady named Sandra. Her mom and son are hopefully going to be getting baptized on the 18th of December. It is going to be a lot of fun serving here. We will be getting a lot done. This week has been pretty hectic for me. Transfers were on Wednesday, but I didn’t get to work in the area till Friday night. Wednesday at the transfer meeting, president drewes called me aside and told me that he needed help in one of the Spanish areas here in little rock for a couple days because one of the missionaries was having some health problems. So as soon as I got to little rock, we went and dropped my stuff off at our house, then we had a dinner and after that, I had to meet President and the Spanish elders at the church. I was with them till late Thursday night. It was a good exchange. It wasn’t the area I was serving in when I was here, but the one right next to it. Then Friday morning, the other zone leader and I had a meeting with all the other zone leaders in the mission and president drewes. We didn’t get back from that until in the evening. So Saturday was my first real day in the area. It was great. Especially having a baptism. This week is going to be a great week. We have a zone meeting tomorrow that Elder Cowen and I are in charge of, but after that its going to be good. I hope you liked the pictures. Lol the elder that always has his belly hanging out is Elder Arnold. He was my companion for 6 months. It is a lot of fun. If you saw the video of someone jumping off the roof of a house, that is who I’m with now. Well I hope you have a great week. Thanks for everything.



Love Elder Marshall

No comments:

Post a Comment