Monday, March 21, 2011

Dear Family
Hey how has everything been going there? How is everyone liking school? So did corey go on splits with the missionaries? I bet they liked that, Especially if they’re on bike week. Its been a great week here. Elder Kelly and I have been working great together. We have been riding our bikes a ton. Yesturday we didn’t start riding until about 6 in the evening, and by the time we got back to our apartment, we had ridden 17 and a half miles. I took my gps with us because I wanted to know how much we were riding. I’m going to start keeping track more. It has been a great week though. We have 4 people who are hopefully getting baptized. We are real excited for all of them. Lisa is still working towards her date. She has been going through a lot this week. Her husband might be having to go back to Mexico. We are working with a part member family named the Barbers. The dad of the family is the one we have been teaching. He has been putting off getting baptized because he doesn’t know if he is ready yet. He was in Iraq for 3 years and has been going through a lot since because of it. It has been great being able to see the change that is happening in him as we go over and read out of the book of Mormon with him and talk about the plan of Salvation. He says he really wants to get baptized on the 26th. We are hoping that he will. Another person we have been working a lot with this week is a friend of one of the members here in the ward. Her name is Jessica. She has been coming to church for the last couple weeks and has been starting to come to mutual and work on her personal progress. She says that she has been to a few other churches, but none that have felt like this one does. We have been working hard and have been seeing a lot come from it this week. It has been great. I had an interview with the mission president on Friday. The first thing he asked be about was if it would make me nervous to go back to Spanish speaking. It was a pretty big surprise. I didn’t think I would be going back to Spanish speaking. Right now there is a shortage of Spanish speaking missionaries here. We had 2 go home in the last couple months that weren’t supposed to go home yet. So one of the areas got closed. I told him that I would like to go back to Spanish speaking. Hopefully I will get to. A couple weeks ago when we were in our zone leader council, we had been talking about not having as many missionaries as was needed. I had had a really strong feeling that I should ask about extending so we wouldn’t have to close one of those areas. After President told me about maybe going back to Spanish speaking up in Russellville, I told him that I had wanted to ask him about extending. The transfer after I am supposed to go home is only a 5 week transfer. It’s the transfer when the new mission president will get there and President Drewes goes home. So instead of coming home May 17 I would come home in the end of June I think. It feels right to me. President Drewes said that before anything else I should talk to you and ask what you thought of it before he called the stake president and talked to him about it. Hopefully you’ll get this before I have to go. If not that’s ok too. That’s about all that has been going on here. O ya in the interview, I also had to get a new Temple Recommend. Mine is about to expire. Can you believe its been 2 years since I went to the temple. It doesn’t seem like its been that long. Well I hope everything is going great there. I love you.
Love Elder Marshall

No comments:

Post a Comment