Monday, November 30, 2009

Steven's letter Nov 30

Dear Family
How was thanksgiving? I hope it was a lot of fun. Did you watch a movie over at the shop? Is it still nice and warm there? Its been a pretty good week here. Elder Morris and I have been staying pretty busy. We have a lot of fun together. He has been out almost 11 months now. He’s from Logan Utah. I’ve learned a lot from him. We spend a lot more time walking than I’m used to. In pocahontas, we had a car the whole time. Now we have a car every other week. I think I like walking more. We get to talk to more people while we are walking. The ward here is a really nice ward. There are a lot of nice people here. We have a baptism coming up on the 12th. We found him last wednesday. Its an older guy. He is 79 years old. He is probably one of the most humble people I’ve met while I’ve been out. We talked to him about the restoration of the gospel and watched the Joseph Smith movie with him. He told us he felt the spirit stronger then than he had in a long time. That’s when we challenged him to be baptized. He came to church for the first time on Sunday and loved it. We talked to him about being baptized again and he told us he didn’t feel like he was ready yet, but said he would keep praying about being baptized on the 12th. He believes that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that the book of mormon is the word of God. He is a really great guy. Elder Morris and I are excited to be working with him. Thanksgiving was a lot of fun We went around and talked to a lot of members. I think we saw 16 families. We had dinner with the Rees family. They had a bunch of family out from Utah. It was a lot of fun. We are going to go buy a little christmas tree today. Well I hope everything is going good there and everyone is having a lot of fun. Have a good week.
Love Elder Marshall

No comments:

Post a Comment