Monday, November 9, 2009

Steven's letter Nov 9

Dear Family

How is everything going back home? Everything is going really well here. Elder Perza and I are staying really busy. We work really good together. We have been spending a lot of time in ash flat. We have a guy here that is going to get baptized in the next two weeks. We don’t have an exact date yet though because he and his girlfriend have to get married first. They know they need to do it though and said they would be talking to the branch president in the next couple days about getting married. Elder perza and I are pretty excited for them. We have been spending a lot of time with him in the last week. We met him about 2 weeks ago. What first interested him about the church was when he found out Glen beck was a Mormon. When he heard that he thought there must be something to it. He really likes Glen Beck. We got a pretty bad call Saturday night. Tina called us at about 7. She is the lady who has the two little kids whose husband just died about 4 months ago now. Her house was on fire. She lost everything. She and her kids weren’t hurt though. They weren’t home when it started. They were driving in their driveway and they noticed there was a glow under one end of their trailer. I guess it burned pretty fast. She lives in Ash Flat so it took us an hour to get there from Pocahontas. It was done burning by the time we got there. She has gone through a whole lot in the last few months. The branch has helped her out a whole lot though. She really appreciates it too. She is staying with her sister in law right now. We are going to go over in a couple hours to see how she is doing. Transfers are next week. I’m probably going to be moved next Wednesday. Elder Perza talked to President Drewes Saturday night. He told him that was probably what was going to happen. I’ve gotten pretty attached to the people around here though. Especially Tina and Tanara. I’ve loved working with them and seeing them be baptized. I’m going to miss this area a whole lot. I guess I’ll let you know for sure whether I get moved or not next Monday. Well I hope everyone is having fun. I miss you.

Love Elder Marshall

No comments:

Post a Comment