Monday, April 4, 2011

Dear family

Hey how is your week going? So the fair is going on this week? Is corey and kaitlyn working there this year? Does that mean spring
break is this week too? Its been a pretty hectic week this week. We
have been running everywhere. Tuesday night we went on exchanges. I went with the elders in Spanish North in Little rock. It was a great exchange. I got to see a lady named Carmen Ramierez. Elder Contreras and I were teaching her when we were in that area. She got baptized about three weeks ago. It was great to see her again. We got back from the exchange Wednesday night just in time to go out ith one of the priests from the ward here. We had a great evening with him.
Then Friday we had to go to memphis for a meeting with all the other zone leaders and the mission president so that took all Friday between the meeting and the 3 hour drive each way. Then Saturday and Sunday were conference. I loved this conference. The were a lot of good talks. I think the big thing I got out of it was the need to act. Like when Elder Eyering was talking about having sentimental feelings when disaster or trials happen in other lives. And that we needed to turn those feelings into actions. I liked Elder Uchdorf’s talk in priesthood session too. There were a lot of great talks. A lot of talks that will be usefull t a lot of people. I’m getting transferred. I got the call from president Drewes. He told me that I’m getting moved up to Russleville to be a spanish missionary. I’m excited but pretty nervous too. There haven’t been any missionaries in Russleville spanish in a while now. So me and my new companion will be opening the area. It will be a great transfer. Im excited for the challenge. I was hoping I wasn’t going to get transferred though. There are a lot of great people here I am going to miss. We went and saw Shawn Barber and his family last night. He is still doing great. He and his wife told us they have started to read the Book of Mormon every night and he is loving it. He didn’t think he would. They are a great family. We are going over to see bill and Jenny owens tonight. They are the other family that I’m going to miss a lot. They are getting excited to be baptized. They just need to get married first, but they want to already so its just picking a day.
That’s about all that is going on here. We probably aren’t going to do a whole lot today. Just pack up some stuff. I’m going to be sending a box home this week. Thanks for everything you do.
Love Elder Marshall

No comments:

Post a Comment