Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dear family
Hey how is your week going? So it snowed this last week there? Wow That’s crazy. It has been pretty warm here. I’m in Dardanelle Arkansas. It’s a real small town a couple hours north of Little Rock. It’s nice and quiet. I forgot all my Spanish though. My companion is Elder Petaia. He is from California. He is full Samoan. He speaks really good Spanish though so he is helping me a lot. We get along great together. He goes home at the end of June. I would have gone home with him if I would have been able to extend. Not much has been going on this week here. We have been working hard together. The ward is excited to have missionaries again. They haven’t had missionaries for a while now. It’s a little different. Benton was kind of hard starting out, because neither of us knew anyone. But the missionaries before us had been doing a lot of work so it wasn’t to bad to get started. Here though we are starting brand new. It’s good though. It is defiantly keeping us busy. The Spanish is coming ok. I have forgotten a lot, but I feel like I’m learning a lot faster with Elder Petaia than I ever did with Elder Contreras. Starting today we aren’t speaking any English while we are away from the apartment. Then hopefully in a couple more weeks we are going to speak all Spanish. Hopefully I will be able to pick it up fast. The members here are great. It is almost like being back in the maple street unit. There aren’t very members here. On Sunday, there were only about 30 people there. We are hoping to get that up though. We set a date for baptism for the 30th with a lady we met on Friday. We are pretty excited for her. Elder Petaia made me do it. He is good at getting me to talk during lessons in Spanish. It was great though. Well not a whole lot else going on here. This next week will be a busy one. I am hoping to be able to go back down to Benton to watch Bill and Jenny owens get baptized. Thanks for everything.

Love Elder Marshall

No comments:

Post a Comment